Last Days Prophecy
SERVANTS' MINISTRY, Inc.
Welcome to our website
What is the Main Message of the Bible?
The Bible addresses many basic issues of life and death, of the present and the future, and so it is difficult to select just one theme as the main one. Students of the Bible have generally grouped the leading topics treated in the Bible under two main heads. Let's look briefly at both of them.
The first school suggests that the main message of the Bible is the wonderful presentation of salvation. The good news of salvation in Jesus Christ is the fundamental message of the Scripture. Under this head there are many basic truths:
- God created a majestic universe and crowned it by forming the first man and woman in sinless perfection.
- Adam and Eve gave in to temptation from Satan, and fell into sin and shame. The results of sin are so clear, but people everywhere rebel against and reject God.
- But God did not abandon humanity on its way to destruction. He chose one people (Israel) to demonstrate His special love and care, and from them He provided a Saviour for the whole world.
- God sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to bear the awesome consequences of OUR sin. God does not just casually
disregard sin . . . He poured out all the terror of eternal condemnation on His precious Son in those terrible hours of suffering and death on the cross.
- In the resurrection of Jesus, God demonstrates His victory over sin and calls people everywhere to identify with this victory by faith in Jesus Christ.
- As we live in the victory of salvation in Jesus, we know that life is NOT meaningless, because we are surrounded by God's awesome love, and bound for eternity with Him.
THOSE THREE DARK HOURS
When Jesus hung on that cross, without ev’n one friend,
Those three hours of darkness, I cannot comprehend!
‘Twas a private time, between the Father and Son,
When my sin debt was paid, and Christ’s battle was won!
There is NO way, I can comprehend Jesus’ love,
Coming to Earth to die, leaving Heaven above!
He left the comfort of Heav’n’s safety, to endure great agony,
For the likes of a nobody, like sinful me!
NO earthly mortal, this kind of love could possess,
We are filled way too much, with worldly wickedness.
We are blessed indeed, to access this kind of love,
In this evil, immoral world, of push and shove!
In those three hours of darkness, Christ took on my sins,
The devil was jubilant, he thought he would win!
But it was Christ Jesus, who had the victory,
In those three hours of darkness; that Godly mystery!
Jesus paid my full sin debt, in those dark three hours,
Ne’er did He doubt, fear, hesitate, waver or cower!
He tolerated all, that agony and pain,
Ne’er did He protest, object, grumble or complain.
The suffering that He endured, for you and for me,
Was love indescribable, that set our souls free!
Jesus’ love surpasses all, that we could ever know,
We’re privileged indeed, that on us His love does flow!
Have you e’er considered, those three hours of darkness?
When our precious Saviour, brought us such great success?
Have you thanked Him, for providing the only Way,
That we might access, Heav’n’s glorious beauty one day?
By: His servant, Connie Kramer Oct.5, 2014 #1359
All forsook Him: (Mat.26:31,54-56; Mk.14:27,50-52; Jn.16:32; 18:8-9; 2 Tim.4:16; Ps.38:11) Darkness: (Mat.27:45; Mk.15:25,33-34; Lk.23:44-45) Love of Christ. (Mk.10:21; Jn.10:11; 11:3; 13:1,34; 14:6,21; 15:9,13; 19:26; 20:2; Rom.5:7; 8:35-38; 2 Cor. 5:14; Gal.2:20; Eph.3:19; 5:2,25; 1 Tim.1:14; 1 Jn.3:16) Battle between Christ and Satan: Gen.3:15; The devil’s seed: (Mat.3:7, 12:34; 23:33; Jn.8:44; Acts 13:10; 1 Jn.3:8,10). Her seed: Ps.132:11; Isa.7:14; Jer.31:22; Mic.5:3; Mat.1:23,25; Lk.1:32-35,76; Gal.4:4). Gift Of God: (Mat.7:11; Jn.4:10; 6:32; Acts 8:20; 15:11; Rom.5:15,18; 6:23; 8:32; 11:29; 1 Cor.7:7; 2 Cor.9:15; Eph.2:8; 2 Tim.1:6; 1 Jn.4:9; 5:11)
That this general darkness was totally supernatural is evident that it happened at the Passover, which was celebrated ONLY at the full moon, a time in which it was impossible for the sun to be eclipsed, natural eclipses happening only at the time of the new moon.
The second school of thought views the main message of the Bible from a much different perspective. There are some who agree that salvation is very important, but it is only part of a much greater message. That bigger message goes far beyond the man-centered focus of salvation to embrace the purpose of all time and space. We may call this message the revelation of God's plan and purpose for the universe. Under this head there are also many basic truths:
- God in His active and creative spirit
resolved to create the universe and delight in it.
- But, God is not the sole motivating
being. There is also a rebellious and fallen being named Satan who opposes God and His plan. He deceives and undermines God's purpose anywhere and everywhere that he can.
- This conflict has marked all history and results in two kingdoms. Satan is the cause of ALL disorder and ALL that is bizarre and sinister. Quarreling and dissension among God's people is often his most horrid device.
- In sending His Son Jesus Christ, God established the important
time in this conflict. In His servanthood, Jesus was the complete opposite of all the pomp, pride, greed and egoism that Satan promotes.
- In Christ's death, Satan declared victory over God, BUT the resurrection turned that seeming victory into actual defeat.
- Yes, Satan still prowls the world, but he knows that he cannot win. God's people are now messengers of God's present and coming kingdom.
- Eventually evil will so captivate and enslave humanity that the climactic end time of history will arrive. When Christ finally returns to the Earth as the Victor, God's Kingdom shall be established for all eternity. The purpose of God's Creation and His universal plan shall be achieved.
Both these mighty messages are found in the Bible. There are two viewpoints on one majestic theme: God's Plan For His People And His Coming Kingdom.
The BIBLE IS God's Holy Word!!!
100 Facts about Jesus
355 Prophecies Fulfilled By Christ Jesus
The Bible and Antichrist
The Bible and Faith
The Bible and Homosexuality
The Bible, Faith Scriptures
The Bible is God's Holy Word
The Bible is TRUE
The Bible, Its Main Message
The Bible, One-World Government
The Bible, Proof It is TRUE
The Bible, Prophecies
The Bible, Prophecy Checklist
The Bible, Reasons Why It Is True
The Bible, Some End Time Prophecies
The Bible and the Rapture
The Bible, Some Other Web Sites\
The Bible, Warnings To Unbelievers
The Bible, What It Says About Heaven
The Bible, What It says About Hell
The Bible, What It Is All About
The Bible, What Is Sin?
The Bible, What is it?
The Bible, What it Says About Sin
The Bible, What You Migtht Not Know